Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto (ISEP), Porto, Portugal
3-4 October 2013
Mini track on Gamifiying the classroom:
- The impact of learning through the gamification approach;
- Giving rewards to people who share experiences related to their progress in curriculum;
- Implementing systems for rewarding student's visibility and status;
- Gamifiying grading;
- Designing challenges between users through embedding small casual games-like activities within academic tasks;
- Reflecting on the intrinsic/extrinsic motivations that promote learning engagement in a gamified context.
The overall objective of this mini-track is to increase knowledge about utilizing gamification in educational settings. The mini track welcomes both conceptual and empirical work on the use of gamification strategies embedded in the regular dynamics of learners.
(See selected abstracts)