University of Waterloo Stratford Campus, Stratford, Ontario, Canada
October 2-4, 2013
October 2-4, 2013
- May 1, 2013 - Submission system opens
- June 21 - Deadline for full papers, short papers, Gamification Student Design Competition and industry/non-academic presentations
- August 1 - Accept/Reject decision of the committee
- August 8 - Poster, Demo Submission Deadline
- August 30 - Camera-ready submission, Decision on Posters and Demos
- October 2-4 - Gamification 2013 Conference in Stratford, ON
Gamification 2013: Gameful Design, Research, and Applications is a new international and interdisciplinary conference with a focus on researchers and professionals in gamification. Gamification uses game design to make a system that primarily supports non-game tasks more fun, engaging, and motivating. We invite a wide variety of research and applications to be submitted for presentation and showcasing at the conference.
The goal of the conference is to demonstrate current high quality research in gamification and encourage discussion of this research as a foundation of the future of gamification. To this end, the conference will feature streams that blend academic research and experimental applications with industry and non-profit examples, results and procedures.
We seek to understand the research necessary for increasingly effective implementation of gamification in business, health, education and entertainment. We welcome presentations of research projects, gamification successes and failures, unanswered questions about gamification, gamification metrics and processes, methods of gamification commercialization and more.
The conference looks for gamification researchers and professionals from - but not limited to - the following backgrounds:
- Game Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Computer Science and Informatics
- Game Studies
- User Experience and Interaction Design
- Social Sciences and Humanities (e.g., digital humanities, communication research, sociology